General Level 3 Study Advice?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Espressso

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone who recently took level 3 care to elaborate on a general study plan for the exam? I'm an incoming IM intern starting in July and i"m trying to wrap my head around how I will plan to study for it/when to take it. I am a big anki user so plus 1 if you can add in advice about how to use that as well (i.e, what decks to use etc etc)

Do DO grads typically use UW for level3? Or is that unnecessary? If it is, comquest or truelearn is more preferred? I thought UW was so much better at prepping me for step and level 1 and 2 to be honest but I'm not the best test taker in general so I feel like I need UW for this one.

Any other advice/tips would be greatly appreciated

Members don't see this ad.

Maybe @BorntobeDO? Or @Giovanotto can help you out?
Oh man, I can't possibly help here. I gave up after comlex level 1. I think I studied 2-3 hours a day for about 8-10 days before taking it. Intern year has made everything into a blur but all I remember was DGAFing my way through it. I'm lucky that my program gives us 4 weeks of "elective time" and I used 2 weeks to study and take the damn thing. I would not have used vacation time for it. I bought combank or comquest (can't remember which one) and just went through some Qs.

ps. I didn't do great but I passed!

Reactions: 1 user
Used COMQUEST only. Went thru the bank once. Passed in the 500’s. I hear CCS cases is also good for cases from my friends that did better. I am with giovanotto. Was not one that I stressed over. Just glad none of my days got cancelled.

Reactions: 1 users