General Pat Question

Started by Awara
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Awara

Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I have been practising Pat for about a week now and not getting a hang of it. Specifically 2 sections, (top,front end) and Pattern Foldings. I mean I am only getting about 6-7 right out of 15 everytime on these two sections. I am taking test in 20 days and I feel really good with All other parts of DAT except for PAT. Is this normal or People get like 90% questions right. I have been using Barron's and Kaplan for the PAt. Is there any tips that could help me with these to sections. I have seen people say that real PAt is harder than Kaplan. I am having problem with Kaplan. I am kind of getting nervus about DAT just becasue of PAT.
 
Practice is the key. For me, I went to my college library and got a intro to engineering text book (they had dozens). That book had hundreds of 3-d objects with their top-front-end drawings. So, I just practiced drawing all of the different sides for the 3-d objects. After doing about 100, I felt like I could draw any object. This strategy also made me more proficient at keyholes and at pattern-folding. The top-front-end drawings are things that they teach high schoolers in entry-level drafting courses how to do. So, you really ought to be able to pick up on this stuff with some practice.
 
Thanks Javed for your reply,
I am pretty sure that my school library will have those kinds of books. Thanks I am going to my library and get it. I was just wonding how to make my search easy for this book. What are the keaywords did you use when you were searching the catalog. Thanks for your help. I didn't go to HS in US and I never took any class like that or played videogames and may be that explains my difficulty.