General Pediatrics recertification exam advice?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MSPedsDoc

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm due to take gen peds recertification exam next year.

What materials did people find helpful for preparation? How many years of Prep, what "content" book did you use, etc?

I have Surfing Your Way and 2 years of Prep, but unsure if that is enough.

Please share your thoughts!

Thanks in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

I'm due in 2018, but two of my partners recently took it. They said it wasn't as bad as they thought it would be, and they mostly did PREP questions.

Reactions: 1 user
I'm due in 2018, but two of my partners recently took it. They said it wasn't as bad as they thought it would be, and they mostly did PREP questions.

Thank you for your response!

Members don't see this ad :)
Took it last year. It really wasn't all that bad. I tried going through Laughing Your Way, but was only able to get through like 2/3 of the book. I also did 2 years of PREP questions. Honestly, that was probably overkill. I wish I could have spent more time on the Renal and FEN portions of LYW, but the test itself was nowhere near the original certification test I took 10 years ago. I honestly almost missed a visual question because I was overthinking it, "That can't be just varicella!" Well, it was. Best of luck! Again, it wasn't that nerve racjing a test.

Nardo

Took it last year. It really wasn't all that bad. I tried going through Laughing Your Way, but was only able to get through like 2/3 of the book. I also did 2 years of PREP questions. Honestly, that was probably overkill. I wish I could have spent more time on the Renal and FEN portions of LYW, but the test itself was nowhere near the original certification test I took 10 years ago. I honestly almost missed a visual question because I was overthinking it, "That can't be just varicella!" Well, it was. Best of luck! Again, it wasn't that nerve racjing a test.

Nardo

Great advice!!! Thanks so much for your post!!!