General Pediatrics recertification exam advice?

Started by MSPedsDoc
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

MSPedsDoc

New Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi all,

I'm due to take gen peds recertification exam next year.

What materials did people find helpful for preparation? How many years of Prep, what "content" book did you use, etc?

I have Surfing Your Way and 2 years of Prep, but unsure if that is enough.

Please share your thoughts!

Thanks in advance!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Took it last year. It really wasn't all that bad. I tried going through Laughing Your Way, but was only able to get through like 2/3 of the book. I also did 2 years of PREP questions. Honestly, that was probably overkill. I wish I could have spent more time on the Renal and FEN portions of LYW, but the test itself was nowhere near the original certification test I took 10 years ago. I honestly almost missed a visual question because I was overthinking it, "That can't be just varicella!" Well, it was. Best of luck! Again, it wasn't that nerve racjing a test.


Nardo
 
Took it last year. It really wasn't all that bad. I tried going through Laughing Your Way, but was only able to get through like 2/3 of the book. I also did 2 years of PREP questions. Honestly, that was probably overkill. I wish I could have spent more time on the Renal and FEN portions of LYW, but the test itself was nowhere near the original certification test I took 10 years ago. I honestly almost missed a visual question because I was overthinking it, "That can't be just varicella!" Well, it was. Best of luck! Again, it wasn't that nerve racjing a test.


Nardo


Great advice!!! Thanks so much for your post!!!