General Peds Specialty Info

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Johhny5Alive

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi!
I was wondering if anyone had any good links about obtaining a pediatric residency. Also just a general question: How does one pursue a pediatric specialty (specifically Peds Onc)>?

Thanks for the info!
 
Hi!
I was wondering if anyone had any good links about obtaining a pediatric residency. Also just a general question: How does one pursue a pediatric specialty (specifically Peds Onc)>?

Thanks for the info!

Pediatric specialties are mostly done after a pediatric residency. There are some links to threads in the FAQ. Pediatric oncology is combined with hematology so it is heme/onc and is a 3 year fellowship after pediatrics. It is a match and the match is done near the end of the second year. I believe this years match (for entering in July 2011) is coming up very soon.