General Post-Dec interview questions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Pralk Nekorf

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone.

I have my first post-December interview coming up and was wondering about a few things. I have already accepted an offer at a school that was not my #1. I was curious if it is common for dental schools to ask about previous interviews and acceptances during post-December interviews. In particular, I was wondering if it is looked down upon if you tell them you already got an offer. Obviously, I know not to lie, but I was just curious. Any insight on this matter would be helpful. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Hey everyone.

I have my first post-December interview coming up and was wondering about a few things. I have already accepted an offer at a school that was not my #1. I was curious if it is common for dental schools to ask about previous interviews and acceptances during post-December interviews. In particular, I was wondering if it is looked down upon if you tell them you already got an offer. Obviously, I know not to lie, but I was just curious. Any insight on this matter would be helpful. Thanks!
just tell the truth and dontworryaboutit...

Be honest about it (including if you put down a deposit), and definitely assure the interviewer that you are still on the market and interested in their program. You don't need to name where you got your offer (and don't feel forced to). Everyone is/should be aware that this process is competitive and nothing is certain until you begin to narrow down to holding only one acceptance at at time (in March).

Reactions: 1 user