general psychiatry board certification materials

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

CAP1228

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

Just wondering if anyone knows if it's possible to get the notes for Kauffman (the course) and Beat the Boards at a discounted rate? If so, where did you find it? I'm really interested in using both sets of material, but of course, it's so expensive! So I wanted to ask first...

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Hello. Glad to have found you all. I have been practicing psychiatry for many years but have decided to finally take the boards - the whole process has changed drastically. What courses and books do you recommend to study to take the boards in 2017? Any particular study guides for interviewing patients? Recommended books? Thank you!

What kind of psychiatry jobs can you work without board certification?

You can work for the government, the VA needs psychiatrists, you can go into private practice, you can probably supervise other health providers. You don't need board certification to work. You need board certification to command higher fees for certain positions. If you plan to provide evaluations that may require you to testify in court, board certification is recommended. Go forward with a positive outlook! What courses have you taken to prepare for your boards?