General question about applying for pharmacy intern license

Started by olive897
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

olive897

New Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So many of job qualifications require that I am registered with the state board pharmacy, but how can I be registered when I don't have a preceptor to sign the application to send in to the state board? Am I allowed to apply without having the license so I can eventually get a preceptor to sign it?
 
Hmmm I don't remember the exact details because this was in 2010 but it was required we had the intern license by the time we started pharmacy school and I just mailed in the form, it did not need to be signed by a preceptor or anything and they just sent me it in the mail. I would just apply anyway to the job and then get it in the meantime. Is it just a character witness type signature?
 
So many of job qualifications require that I am registered with the state board pharmacy, but how can I be registered when I don't have a preceptor to sign the application to send in to the state board? Am I allowed to apply without having the license so I can eventually get a preceptor to sign it?


Normally your school handles the procedure for this.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am applying for internship outside the academic program, so I think I am on my own for this. I am applying for these jobs that require licensure, but I haven't been providing a license number because I don't have one. I was just wondering if not providing a license is hurting me in my chances of getting the jobs I am applying for since I am not meeting the qualification for the job.
 
So many of job qualifications require that I am registered with the state board pharmacy, but how can I be registered when I don't have a preceptor to sign the application to send in to the state board? Am I allowed to apply without having the license so I can eventually get a preceptor to sign it?

I know what you mean. In my experience, many pharmacies, if they do not want you, will ask you to be registered with the board of pharmacy. But that is just a ******ed excuse since the registration application is asking you for the information of the pharmacy where you will be working.

So there are two solutions: 1. Go asking around and find a pharmacy that wants to hire you and they will sign the paper for you, 2. Volunteer / shadowing in a pharmacy and they will help you to register with the BOP.

GL 🙂