SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

General question about applying for pharmacy intern license

Discussion in 'Pharmacy' started by olive897, May 15, 2014.

  1. olive897


    Apr 23, 2014
    So many of job qualifications require that I am registered with the state board pharmacy, but how can I be registered when I don't have a preceptor to sign the application to send in to the state board? Am I allowed to apply without having the license so I can eventually get a preceptor to sign it?
    oldstock likes this.
  2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. EML9255

    EML9255 2+ Year Member

    Mar 24, 2013
    Hmmm I don't remember the exact details because this was in 2010 but it was required we had the intern license by the time we started pharmacy school and I just mailed in the form, it did not need to be signed by a preceptor or anything and they just sent me it in the mail. I would just apply anyway to the job and then get it in the meantime. Is it just a character witness type signature?
  4. Wheresmyaricept

    Wheresmyaricept 2+ Year Member

    Jun 15, 2011

    Normally your school handles the procedure for this.
  5. olive897


    Apr 23, 2014
    I am applying for internship outside the academic program, so I think I am on my own for this. I am applying for these jobs that require licensure, but I haven't been providing a license number because I don't have one. I was just wondering if not providing a license is hurting me in my chances of getting the jobs I am applying for since I am not meeting the qualification for the job.
  6. oldstock

    oldstock Banned Banned

    Mar 12, 2014
    I know what you mean. In my experience, many pharmacies, if they do not want you, will ask you to be registered with the board of pharmacy. But that is just a retarded excuse since the registration application is asking you for the information of the pharmacy where you will be working.

    So there are two solutions: 1. Go asking around and find a pharmacy that wants to hire you and they will sign the paper for you, 2. Volunteer / shadowing in a pharmacy and they will help you to register with the BOP.

    GL :)

Share This Page