general question about LOR's

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jayashae

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Ok so I'm a senior in undergrad and I won't be applying for pharmacy school until 1.5 years later (doing research for the next 2 years). So I want a LOR from my research PI eventually, one from undergrad, one from the pharmacy I volunteer at and one from a post-bacc professor that I'll have (taking 1-2 classes while I work)

question is: how do I ask for these? like what's the process in getting recommendations? I know they'll all likely write me one, but like where do I tell them to submit it? Also, if I want to ask one of my current undergrad professors for one, where should I tell him to submit it if I'm planning to go in like ... 2 years?

thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Ok so I'm a senior in undergrad and I won't be applying for pharmacy school until 1.5 years later (doing research for the next 2 years). So I want a LOR from my research PI eventually, one from undergrad, one from the pharmacy I volunteer at and one from a post-bacc professor that I'll have (taking 1-2 classes while I work)

question is: how do I ask for these? like what's the process in getting recommendations? I know they'll all likely write me one, but like where do I tell them to submit it? Also, if I want to ask one of my current undergrad professors for one, where should I tell him to submit it if I'm planning to go in like ... 2 years?

thanks

keep in touch ask them to write and save it.

I think pharmcas.org gives you the most detailed and accurate information. Basically, they can send a physical copy on pharmcas form with a unique barcode on it or do it electronically using a link given to them to fill out the LoR on your behalf.

Members don't see this ad :)
Let me just troll a little bit and say that it's really in your best interest to try and figure it out on your own.

keep in touch ask them to write and save it.

write and save it? Like give it to me in a sealed envelope until I need to use it?

Also, because I won't be applying for at least a year and a half, I didn't start a Pharmcas... so would I have to make an application in order for them to send it there?

Sorry for being naive.. -_-

write and save it? Like give it to me in a sealed envelope until I need to use it?

Also, because I won't be applying for at least a year and a half, I didn't start a Pharmcas... so would I have to make an application in order for them to send it there?

Sorry for being naive.. -_-

No, pharmcas deletes your LoR every year. In your situation, you can do two things: tell your professors to create a recommendation letter now and save it to a file for them to use 1.5 years later. Or, wait 1.5 years and then ask them to write the letter.

No, pharmcas deletes your LoR every year. In your situation, you can do two things: tell your professors to create a recommendation letter now and save it to a file for them to use 1.5 years later. Or, wait 1.5 years and then ask them to write the letter.

ok, thank you! this is so constructive. I will ask him to write it now and hopefully save it for 1.5 years then x)

thanks