General question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

student-2

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am thinking of transferring residencies. What is the procedure, how should I go about it?
Any input especially from someone with experience would be appreciated.
Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

I went to my PD and told him I wanted to leave to pursue ______ field of medicine. He or She should be supportive if you let them know soon enough for them to take more people in the upcoming match (more important in small programs). Then start getting your letters for the match. It worked out for me and I decided much later. If you are staying in the same field it may be tougher. Just checkout resident swap.com

Good luck

If you want to change your residency and your PD need PGY1 Family pr IM please contact me at [email protected]

carib-
why is it tougher if you are staying in the same field? and what letters should i get? from my current residency or from when i was in med school in the field i am planning to go into.
also- do i go through the match again or does it work differently after being a resident for some time?