1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

general questions

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by ZFlink, Jun 13, 2008.

1. ZFlink

2+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    hey,

Today I was shadowing a oral surgeon and we saw 10 patients in 3 locations...(all for wisdom teeth) ... and i saw one of the nicest dental offices i have been in...so it got me thinking if i wanted to open my own practice how much would i spend to open a practice.. does anyone know where i can find any information on how much a average dental office cost to open? I was also wondering how much do you really think dentist that have there private practice really make a year after all expensive paid for?

thanks,
    Zach

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. whlee84

10+ Year Member

Dental Student
    You should post this on the "Dental" section, not the "Pre-Dental" to get more responses...

but I've read somewhere that you can expect to spend about 200-250K to buy an established practice, and oral surgeons can make anywhere from 300K to 500K depending on how much you work.

4. ZFlink

2+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    thank you i dont know how to take this post off pre-dent....but i did post it on the dental thread