1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

general questions

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by ZFlink, Jun 13, 2008.

1. ZFlink

2+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    hey,

Today I was shadowing a oral surgeon and we saw 10 patients in 3 locations...(all for wisdom teeth) ... and i saw one of the nicest dental offices i have been in...so it got me thinking if i wanted to open my own practice how much would i spend to open a practice.. does anyone know where i can find any information on how much a average dental office cost to open? I was also wondering how much do you really think dentist that have there private practice really make a year after all expensive paid for?

thanks,
    Zach

2. whlee84

10+ Year Member

Dental Student
    You should post this on the "Dental" section, not the "Pre-Dental" to get more responses...

but I've read somewhere that you can expect to spend about 200-250K to buy an established practice, and oral surgeons can make anywhere from 300K to 500K depending on how much you work.

3. ZFlink

2+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    thank you i dont know how to take this post off pre-dent....but i did post it on the dental thread