General Surgery Post-Interview stuff

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

frgrbrg526

New Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Which programs have contacted you post-interview, through what route (e-mail, snail, phone) and what (generally) have they said?

For me, programs have sent me personal letters (sometimes up to a 1 page type-written letter from the PD specific to my application) after I have sent in my thank-you letters.
Emory, U. Colorado and UTSW.

I heard nothing from the Brigham post-interview (although I only sent letters to my interviewers not the PD for some strange reason in this case).

From Minnesota, I was contacted by a resident on how I would be a great addition to their program. I haven't sent them my thank you letters yet.

From Wash U, I was contacted by the PD by e-mail immediately after my interview on how strong an applicant I was and to keep in contact with questions up until match day. Anyone else get a similar e-mail from them?

6 down, 10 to go! January is hell-month for interviews.