General Thank You Note?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Smolpuppo21

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I had a question regarding thank you notes for a school. The school I just interviewed at does MMI-like interviewing, but only with three interviewers. The interviews were limited to 10 minutes each, and questions were continuously asked to fill up the time. In my opinion, there was not enough time to discuss anything insightful enough to deserve its own email to each interviewer. So, would it be okay if I just sent a general thank you note to all three interviewers?

I am really interested in attending this school, so I don't want to mess this up! :) Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I think it will help. I wrote one as well and I'm attending that med school now. Just dont try to oversell yourself.

Members don't see this ad :)
They really have better things to do than to try to get thank you notes to interviewers. No one has time for that. You can send it and it may well end up in File 13. Do it if it makes you feel better but it really will not have any bearing on your decision.

Reactions: 1 user
Hi all,

I had a question regarding thank you notes for a school. The school I just interviewed at does MMI-like interviewing, but only with three interviewers. The interviews were limited to 10 minutes each, and questions were continuously asked to fill up the time. In my opinion, there was not enough time to discuss anything insightful enough to deserve its own email to each interviewer. So, would it be okay if I just sent a general thank you note to all three interviewers?

I am really interested in attending this school, so I don't want to mess this up! :) Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks!
Don't waste your time.

FWIW, I didn't send any thank you letters to any school and still got multiple accepts so far. If you must send one, I'm sure they wouldn't mind just receiving one for all three interviewers.