general vs subspecialty signout

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

piyomonsta

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Although most residencies seem to have general signout, I've seen a few that have purely subspecialty signout. How do people feel about this? Is one style more conducive to learning than the other?

Members don't see this ad.

Having met many people that were trained both ways, I would say it doesn't matter. Everyone seems equally diagnoistically competent with equal knowledge base and equal enjoyment of path and fondness for their training.

Members don't see this ad :)
Having met many people that were trained both ways, I would say it doesn't matter. Everyone seems equally diagnoistically competent with equal knowledge base and equal enjoyment of path and fondness for their training.

:corny: everyone equally competent, with equal knowledge base, etc? :laugh:

I think the quality of the teaching you get while signing out is much more important than specialty verses general signout. Both work.

I think the quality of the teaching you get while signing out is much more important than specialty verses general signout. Both work.

Whoa...I haven't seen a post in ages from our Great Pumpkin!

Welcome back.:D

Why don't you change your status to Attending? Non-student is confusing (as your sig will only appear once in each thread).