general vs subspecialty signout

Started by piyomonsta
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

piyomonsta

New Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Although most residencies seem to have general signout, I've seen a few that have purely subspecialty signout. How do people feel about this? Is one style more conducive to learning than the other?
 
Having met many people that were trained both ways, I would say it doesn't matter. Everyone seems equally diagnoistically competent with equal knowledge base and equal enjoyment of path and fondness for their training.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Having met many people that were trained both ways, I would say it doesn't matter. Everyone seems equally diagnoistically competent with equal knowledge base and equal enjoyment of path and fondness for their training.

:corny: everyone equally competent, with equal knowledge base, etc? :laugh:
 
I think the quality of the teaching you get while signing out is much more important than specialty verses general signout. Both work.