Generic letter or wait for possibly late letter?

Started by NRP
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

NRP

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I have a later Psych Sub-I that ends a couple of weeks before Sept 15 therefore I have no idea if I'll get that letter in time. If I ask my 3rd year attending for a letter I have a feeling it will be very generic since it was a while ago and I'm not sure if they liked me all that much. Also, I'm planning on applying to my home institution so how bad would it look if for some reason I ask my 3rd year attending for a letter, end up getting the Sub-I letter in on time and then never send in the 3rd year letter?