Genetic material of bacteria

Started by akimhaneul
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

akimhaneul

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am confused about this DAT destroyer question

119. Which statement is false?
A) prokaryotes reproduce by binary fission
B) blue green algae are found in kingdom plantae
C) Circular DNA molecules that exist in bacterial cells are called plasmids
D) Multiple DNA copies can be made by PCR technique
E) Most accurate way to work out molecular structures is X ray diffraction

I thought all genetic material of bacterial cells were circular. Is it only plasmids?
 
I am confused about this DAT destroyer question

119. Which statement is false?
A) prokaryotes reproduce by binary fission
B) blue green algae are found in kingdom plantae
C) Circular DNA molecules that exist in bacterial cells are called plasmids
D) Multiple DNA copies can be made by PCR technique
E) Most accurate way to work out molecular structures is X ray diffraction

I thought all genetic material of bacterial cells were circular. Is it only plasmids?
Whats the correct answer? I chose E, you can also do NMR?
 
Whats the correct answer? I chose E, you can also do NMR?

NMR determines information on the local conformation and distance between atoms that are close to each other. Think small: like the orgo problems you do for NMR for the DAT.

X-Ray crystallography results in an X-Ray diffraction pattern, which is considered the standard for determining molecular structures. That's really all you need to know for the DAT, so I'm not going to try to complicate things further.