Genetics counselor

Started by Hopingdawn
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Hopingdawn

New Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi guys,

I intended to apply for genetics counselor program in Fall 2015. From what I know its a competitive program. I took the Gre in June and it wasnt good: 302 total ( 149 v, 153 Q) My Gpa 3.42( psychology).I have experience in non profit organizations ( 1 year volunteer with rape crisis hotline, 1 year with brain injury survivors, 1 internship with local non profit ) I also done some shadowing with local genetics counselor. I wonder if my exp would compensate for my low Gre,and what is my chance of getting into the program in general ? below is the list of school that im applying to.



University of Alabama at Birmingham


University of South Carolina school of medicine


Virginia Commonwealth University


Brandeis University


University of Pittsburgh
Ohio state university

Any reply would be appreciate.


Best,




University of Alabama at Birmingham


University of South Carolina school of medicine


Virginia Commonwealth University


Brandeis University


University of Pittsburgh


Any reply would be appreciate.


Best,