densmore22

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Feb 27, 2006
Status
Resident [Any Field]
So I was just curious (DMU'ers specifically) how intense is the genetics course(s) that we take? I don't have a real strong background in mammalian genetics (microbiology major) and am curious how comparable it is to an undergrad mammalian (mendelian) genetics course. Thanks.

As a side, I was thinking about reviewing over my genetics book before I start school just to get my brain in gear, any suggestions?

psionic_blast

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Sep 9, 2005
Status
densmore22 said:
So I was just curious (DMU'ers specifically) how intense is the genetics course(s) that we take? I don't have a real strong background in mammalian genetics (microbiology major) and am curious how comparable it is to an undergrad mammalian (mendelian) genetics course. Thanks.

As a side, I was thinking about reviewing over my genetics book before I start school just to get my brain in gear, any suggestions?
It is just part of the biochemistry class and it is not bad at all. Dr. Schimdt sp. teaches most of it, and he does a good job. I wouldn't be to worried about it.

Haffadoc

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Mar 8, 2006
Status
Medical Student
psionic_blast said:
It is just part of the biochemistry class and it is not bad at all. Dr. Schimdt sp. teaches most of it, and he does a good job. I wouldn't be to worried about it.

I would have to disagree with psionic. Dr. Schmidt teaches some of it but another prof teaches part of it and she is really tough. I have a degree in Biochem and a minor in molecular and I really thought that the genetics portion was the toughest part. That is just my opinion

About the Ads

psionic_blast

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Sep 9, 2005
Status
Haffadoc said:
I would have to disagree with psionic. Dr. Schmidt teaches some of it but another prof teaches part of it and she is really tough. I have a degree in Biochem and a minor in molecular and I really thought that the genetics portion was the toughest part. That is just my opinion

Who else is teaching genetics. whats the lady's name.

OP
D

densmore22

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Feb 27, 2006
Status
Resident [Any Field]
psionic_blast said:
Cool, good to hear. I'll just study a lot. Thanks.

Haffadoc

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Mar 8, 2006
Status
Medical Student
psionic_blast said:
Not my favorite person to be sure but I didn't think genetics was that bad.
For me the toughest part of biochem, but I definitely would not call biochem one of the hardest classes

discusdan

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Oct 16, 2003
Birmingham, MI
Visit site
Status
Resident [Any Field]
Genetics was the hardest part of Biochemistry for me as well.

About the Ads