Genetics on DAT

Started by Literati81
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Literati81

Poor Nerd
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Just wondering how in-depth (if at all) the DAT covers topics regarding DNA replication, restriction enzymes, RFLP, Southern blots, etc. Kaplan seems to rush and/or not mention these topics.

Another Kaplan weakness is involves immunity. So, is it naive to assume the DAT will have only basic questions on immunity?

Thanks!
 
From what I recall there is almost none of any of the stuff you mentioned on the real DAT. I would concentrate on basic genetics such as punnet squares, alleles, and P1, F1, F2 generations. I do recall a genetics cross on the real exam.

DesiDentist
 
There were mendelian genetics and basic inheritance questions, as well as some basic DNA replicaiton questions, but I didn't have any lab questions. I used some old AP bio review books and that was as in-depth as I needed.