Genetics w/Lab...?

Started by ^=^
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

^=^

S.D.N.'s BATMAN
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I need this class for my major, but I'm going to ask them if I can substitute something else, like Immunology with lab instead.
How many of you plan on taking Genetics? Will it help in the future? What else would be a good upper division class to take instead of it?

🙂


(This is not a "is this class required thread" so don't bother).
 
Last edited:
I don't think learning something is ever "not useful", so yes, I think it has it's benefits. I will be taking Genetics. But I have also taken Immunology. You can not expand your knowledge too much.
 
Yes, I've taken Genetics before. I personally enjoyed the class (taken for my major), and I guess I can say it can be somewhat useful in the future. It never hurts to expand your knowledge. 🙂
 
The only use I had for genetics was for the PCAT. At the time, I took Genetics because my school required Genetics to graduate.

I imagine Genetics would help you with Immunology in Pharmacy school.
​