• Livestream AMA: Join SDN as we welcome Dr. John Ligon, a Pediatric Oncologist with the National Cancer Institute on May 11th at 8:00 PM Eastern. Register now!

^=^

S.D.N.'s BATMAN
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jan 2, 2006
CA
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Pharmacy
I need this class for my major, but I'm going to ask them if I can substitute something else, like Immunology with lab instead.
How many of you plan on taking Genetics? Will it help in the future? What else would be a good upper division class to take instead of it?

:)

(This is not a "is this class required thread" so don't bother).

Last edited:

xscpx

10+ Year Member
Oct 21, 2008
Tampa, Florida
Status (Visible)
  1. Other Health Professions Student
I don't think learning something is ever "not useful", so yes, I think it has it's benefits. I will be taking Genetics. But I have also taken Immunology. You can not expand your knowledge too much.

cinnamoroll12

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Dec 16, 2007
Status (Visible)
  1. Pharmacy Student
Yes, I've taken Genetics before. I personally enjoyed the class (taken for my major), and I guess I can say it can be somewhat useful in the future. It never hurts to expand your knowledge. :)

Transformer

10+ Year Member
Feb 17, 2007
Status (Visible)
  1. Pharmacist
The only use I had for genetics was for the PCAT. At the time, I took Genetics because my school required Genetics to graduate.

I imagine Genetics would help you with Immunology in Pharmacy school.

About the Ads
This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.