Genetics

Started by humtum
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

humtum

Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello, everyone

I am taking genetics this semester, just incase I don't get into pharmacy school, I have some back up to graduate with Biology. I was wondering if any of you know any good website that can help understand some of the material in genetics better. I will appreciate any help.

Thank You
 
I took genetics last semester. I don't have any websites but the key is to just understand the basic crosses and try to do a lot of practice problems. The first half of the semester was the most difficult and then it progressively got easier since it became just memorization.
 
humtum said:
Hello, everyone

I am taking genetics this semester, just incase I don't get into pharmacy school, I have some back up to graduate with Biology. I was wondering if any of you know any good website that can help understand some of the material in genetics better. I will appreciate any help.

Thank You

It helps to take a lab with it. We were splicing DNA at our very first lab session. I find that I understand things better when I have a hands-on approach. I only had 2 weeks of mendelian genetics with linkage maps and the like. The rest was all molecular genetics. It is a really interesting class and having taken it helped me in some of my pharmacy classes.