Geographic Signalling - what to programs see?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Starbuxian

PGY-1
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
If I choose 2 geo areas, A and B:
1. What to programs location in area A see? In addition to seeing I selected their area, do they see that I have also selected area B?
2. What to programs location in area B see? Do they see that I have also selected area A?
3. What to programs location in area C or D see? Do they see that I have also selected area A? I think they see nothing.

Members don't see this ad.

If you choose two areas A and B:
Programs in Area A will see "Area A". They will see any specific comment / reason you choose Area A. They won't know anything about how many you selected.
Programs in Area B will see "Area B". They will see any specific comment / reason you choose Area B. They won't know anything about how many you selected.
Programs in Area C will see nothing, the answer will be blank.

If you choose "No preference", then everyone sees that with the reason attached.

A blank answer means that either 1) you chose other regions, or 2) you left the question blank. Almost no one should leave the question blank, so most programs will interpret it as you choosing other regions.

• Care
Reactions: 2 users