George Fox University Applicants!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

STILLmatic 9096

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all! I just wanted to start a thread for all George Fox University (Oregon) Applicants. This is my number one choice program! I live out in the midwest and I am DYING to get out of here and experience somewhere new. I have always wanted to visit Oregon because I have heard wonderful things about the state and after doing some research about the program George Fox seems like a great program. If anyone wants to post with information about the program itself and just any information in general like your stats please do! I look forward to chatting with some fellow applicants!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi all! I just wanted to start a thread for all George Fox University (Oregon) Applicants. This is my number one choice program! I live out in the midwest and I am DYING to get out of here and experience somewhere new. I have always wanted to visit Oregon because I have heard wonderful things about the state and after doing some research about the program George Fox seems like a great program. If anyone wants to post with information about the program itself and just any information in general like your stats please do! I look forward to chatting with some fellow applicants!
I'm not going to George Fox, but I went out there for an interview back in February, and got accepted. Chose to go with a different program based on cost. However if I didn't get into my first choice I was planning on going here. The campus was incredible, so pretty. The teachers and staff I met were all super nice and helpful, made it seem like they cared about the students as their number 1 priority. I was really impressed when I went out there for my interview. It seems like it would have been an awesome fit for me. If you have any questions about anything let me know! Hopefully you can get into the program, I am sure you will love it!

Hey! I live in Washington, and actually just went down a couple weeks ago to visit the program. I was very impressed with their facilities/program resources, their strong ties with community, and their strong emphasis on research. Overall, the visit gave me a good feeling of the program and everyone I encountered was super nice and happy to answer all my questions. If you have program specific questions their admissions counselor is super accessible and really responsive to emails (I've had tons of questions!) For stats I had a 3.54 undergrad GPA, a 3.98 prereq GPA, 152Q/156V/4W on my GRE, and about 500 hours of observation over 4 settings. I've been out of school for a couple years, my under grad degree was actually in Political Science and German :D. Best of luck to you!!

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm not going to George Fox, but I went out there for an interview back in February, and got accepted. Chose to go with a different program based on cost. However if I didn't get into my first choice I was planning on going here. The campus was incredible, so pretty. The teachers and staff I met were all super nice and helpful, made it seem like they cared about the students as their number 1 priority. I was really impressed when I went out there for my interview. It seems like it would have been an awesome fit for me. If you have any questions about anything let me know! Hopefully you can get into the program, I am sure you will love it!

Congrats on getting accepted! How was the interview process? I have an interview at George Fox next month and I’m a little bit nervous. I’m local and GFU is my top choice so I only applied there. I noticed on my invite they have a collaborative group activity as part of the interview. Any idea what that’s all about?

Any tips on their interview process are appreciated! :)

Reactions: 2 users
Has anyone heard an update from GF? I was 11th on the interview waitlist and I’m dying to to know if I’ve moved up.

Her email stated that she would provide weekly updates starting Mon. Jan 7th.

Congrats on getting accepted! How was the interview process? I have an interview at George Fox next month and I’m a little bit nervous. I’m local and GFU is my top choice so I only applied there. I noticed on my invite they have a collaborative group activity as part of the interview. Any idea what that’s all about?

Any tips on their interview process are appreciated! :)

I'm local and have an interview next month too! I was wondering about the collaborative group activity also. Let me know if you find anything out about it, or about the interview process. :D My interview is on Feb 9th, when is yours?

My interview is Feb 2nd :)

I'm local and have an interview next month too! I was wondering about the collaborative group activity also. Let me know if you find anything out about it, or about the interview process. :D My interview is on Feb 9th, when is yours?

My interview is also on the 2nd!

My interview is also on the 2nd!

I have an interview on the 8th. Can I ask what it was like? What kind of questions did they ask and what is the group activity?

Thanks in advance. :)

Last edited:
I have an interview on the 8th. Can I ask what it was like? What kind of questions did they ask and what is the group activity?

Thanks in advance. :)
It was pretty laid back for the most part! And the group activity was just a fun thing that they do to get to know you better. I would not worry too much about it though because they made it clear that it is not considered as a graded component of the interview! Haha, the professor running the activity said that although he has a clipboard, he just uses it to remember what to do next!;)

Reactions: 1 user
It was pretty laid back for the most part! And the group activity was just a fun thing that they do to get to know you better. I would not worry too much about it though because they made it clear that it is not considered as a graded component of the interview! Haha, the professor running the activity said that although he has a clipboard, he just uses it to remember what to do next!;)

Awesome!! Thank you!!

Members don't see this ad :)
I hope that you guys hear good news before the program starts! I was on a waitlist last year so I know how that feels.

I just got a call from Cristina saying that I was accepted! I am torn between Pacific and GFU now...

I hope that you guys hear good news before the program starts! I was on a waitlist last year so I know how that feels.

I just got a call from Cristina saying that I was accepted! I am torn between Pacific and GFU now...

Congratulations on being accepted to both! You should go to Pacific so I can move up the waitlist :) :)

What number were you on the waitlist last year at GF?

Thanks! What did you do over the year to improve your app?

Thanks! What did you do over the year to improve your app?
I finished my degree (I had 5+ prerequisites incomplete including the entire physics series) and did well in them. I got a new shadow experience at a SNF that I think helped my app out a lot because I had only a couple inpatient hours. I also really took my time with my apps and had friends, family, and a professor read over all of my essays.

P.S. After some deliberation, I have decided to submit my deposit at Pacific. I hope this opens up a spot for you and DPT143!

I also got accepted but will probably give my spot up. I’m still deciding on schools!

I finished my degree (I had 5+ prerequisites incomplete including the entire physics series) and did well in them. I got a new shadow experience at a SNF that I think helped my app out a lot because I had only a couple inpatient hours. I also really took my time with my apps and had friends, family, and a professor read over all of my essays.

P.S. After some deliberation, I have decided to submit my deposit at Pacific. I hope this opens up a spot for you and DPT143!

Congratulations on Pacific! It’s a really nice school. I wish I could have applied there but my math and science gpa didn’t make the cut. In my early twenties I did poorly in college and those grades got factored in. The math and science classes I took weren’t prerequisites. I was kinda bummed that they took those into consideration. I went back to college in my thirties and did well. My prerequisite gpa is a 3.79.

Fingers crossed that us waitlisters move up :)

Hey guys any news from Cristina? I moved up on the waitlist. Wondering if anyone will be declining offers are was accepted in other schools.

Hey guys any news from Cristina? I moved up on the waitlist. Wondering if anyone will be declining offers are was accepted in other schools.
I just got an email saying I’ve been given access to George fox’s system.... But I haven’t received an email from Cristina about getting accepted. I wonder what this means?

I just got an email saying I’ve been given access to George fox’s system.... But I haven’t received an email from Cristina about getting accepted. I wonder what this means?
Thats weird. Maybe they want to make sure we in their system just incase they offer acceptences to students.

Thats weird. Maybe they want to make sure we in their system just incase they offer acceptences to students.

I got accepted!!! I can’t believe it. I was eight on the waitlist. Didn’t think the waitlist would move this fast

Reactions: 1 users
I got accepted!!! I can’t believe it. I was eight on the waitlist. Didn’t think the waitlist would move this fast
Congratulations!!! I was notified of acceptance as well. Im looking forward to meeting everyone in the fall!!

Reactions: 1 users
Congrats!!! I moved from 18 to 6. Did not expect that at all haha. Fingers crossed for more movement!
Was there any movement on the waitlist today? Fingers crossed for you!

Hey y'all! Anyone hear updates from Cristina yet?

I haven't gotten an email yet, wondering if you guys have.