George Mason/Georgetown (G-squared) vs. Agnes Scott vs. LECOM-Erie vs. EMU

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Toonewatthis

New Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Thoughts about these program?

G2 does not have a linkage, but does allow you to get master's from Georgetown (which is pretty reputable), hope is if you do well in this program and get a decent MCAT score , you might be competitive for MD/DO schools?

Agnes Scott: Linkage to two Georgia MD programs (meharry, mercer). I am unclear (and can't get a straight answer) if these linkages are assured if certain GPA/MCAT are met (and not psycho on interviews) or do they just "look" at your application with more of an intent. I am not African-American or a Georgia resident.

LECOM-E: Again wording seems a bit confusing, but it seems meeting GPA/MCAT threshold gets you a seat in the class (in the past there was an assured interview). Cheaper, but kind of in the middle of nowhere.

Western U: It is interesting...seems rigorous. But again no linkage, and I don't think its reputation is better than G2. Also I am on the east coast.

How do the reputations of these programs compare? Any advice would be appreciated 🙂
 
Hi, I am in the situation as you in a sense, I got into Agnes Scott and G2, and I am trying to figure out which route to take. I think you need to look at the courses and their stats to make up your mind! With G2 it has a great reputation and the people I know who completed it have all said great things. And the resources are great, Agnes Scott I have also heard great things too, each are around the same price unless you decide to get your masters with G2 it adds on extra money but I say go where you think will be best for you, sometimes linkage programs aren't all the best way to go!