george washington vs georgetown vs maryland?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

snowinter

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi!

Anyone know which has a more benign -- enjoyable residency program in the dc area: george washington vs georgetown vs maryland?

any of these programs have any obvious reasons to stay away, etc? any residents out there of any of these programs that would wanna give some insight on their program, etc?

thank you!
snowinter

Members don't see this ad.

snowinter said:
Anyone know which has a more benign -- enjoyable residency program in the dc area: george washington vs georgetown vs maryland?

not gwu - monsters dressed up in pretty clothes and french manicures. they do have fairfax hospital as a main rotation, though - that's an experience you can't get ANYWHERE else. also, gwu is beautiful - brand spanking new hospital in teh heart of the city. georgetown is VERY VERY old and religious - how much fun can 'family planning' be there? eek. htat's all the info i have for you. good luck, adn don't become a meanie ob/gyn! ;)

Hi Ramon,

was your experince-- as a medical student on the rotation? or did you do an away rotation at gwu? How did the residents get along wtih each other? Did they seem to enjoy each other at least?

when you said "mean obgyn with french manicure" you could have described a number of obgyns ive met .. why are they all the same all over the country? i have no idea really! but :) i my goal is definatley not to become like that. God help me though.

thanks for any insight you can give me! i'm really trying to move to the dc area-- so I want to choose my program VERY CAREFULLY!

snowinter!

snowinter,
i'm also interested in the dc area. i've heard good things about washington hospital center as well. might be worth checking out. i think it's on my list!
L