George Washington

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

katec12345

Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Did anyone interview at GW in late October and hear back from them? I interviewed the 28th and haven't heard a word, and I live right here in DC, only like 5 miles from the school. I saw on another thread that someone who'd interviewed the 21st heard last weekend, so I was hoping to hear this week 🙂. Thanks!
 
katec12345 said:
Did anyone interview at GW in late October and hear back from them? I interviewed the 28th and haven't heard a word, and I live right here in DC, only like 5 miles from the school. I saw on another thread that someone who'd interviewed the 21st heard last weekend, so I was hoping to hear this week 🙂. Thanks!

I called on Thursday/Friday, and they said they haven't reviewed my file. I interviewed one day after you. So maybe they have reviewed your file. You can try calling them between 1 and 3/4 PM, and they should be able to tell you your status.
 
Yeah I don't want to annoy them-were they nice when you called? I still didn't hear anything today, the 8 week post-interview mark. I'm so inpatient!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
katec12345 said:
Yeah I don't want to annoy them-were they nice when you called? I still didn't hear anything today, the 8 week post-interview mark. I'm so inpatient!

They were really nice. You have to call between 1-4PM, and they check your status on the computer.
 
Just curious if anyone who interviewed during January has received an acceptance/hold/rejection. The admissions office said that we should hear something within 8-weeks, but I've read other messages where applicants were notified within 5-weeks. Are notifications through phone, e-mail, or mail?
 
katec12345 said:
Did anyone interview at GW in late October and hear back from them? I interviewed the 28th and haven't heard a word, and I live right here in DC, only like 5 miles from the school. I saw on another thread that someone who'd interviewed the 21st heard last weekend, so I was hoping to hear this week 🙂. Thanks!

I think that I actually interviewed on the same day as you, and I recieved my acceptance letter back in the beginning of January. They said 8 weeks, but it was more like 10-12. Defineitely call them, my Drexel interview lettter got lost in the mail, that is a possibility.
 
eralza said:
Just curious if anyone who interviewed during January has received an acceptance/hold/rejection. The admissions office said that we should hear something within 8-weeks, but I've read other messages where applicants were notified within 5-weeks. Are notifications through phone, e-mail, or mail?


i interviewed jan 11th. i haven't heard anything, but they will send it through the mail. you can call, but they will only tell you if they've mailed the letter or not. so now it looks like it can be anywhere from 5-12 weeks. great.

good luck :luck:
 
katec12345 said:
Did anyone interview at GW in late October and hear back from them? I interviewed the 28th and haven't heard a word, and I live right here in DC, only like 5 miles from the school. I saw on another thread that someone who'd interviewed the 21st heard last weekend, so I was hoping to hear this week 🙂. Thanks!


Hey Kate,

You should have heard back by now. I interviewed on Nov. 16 and heard back in late January (waitlisted... no love from my alma mater!).

Give 'em a call: (202) 994-3506.
http://www.gwumc.edu/edu/admis/html/contact.html

Sam
 
SamDC said:
Hey Kate,

You should have heard back by now. I interviewed on Nov. 16 and heard back in late January (waitlisted... no love from my alma mater!).

Give 'em a call: (202) 994-3506.
http://www.gwumc.edu/edu/admis/html/contact.html

Sam

Hey SamDC-
I've actually heard since I posted that back in the end of December, I just never went back and updated the thread since it got buried. But I'm excited you've resurrected it! Are you going to GW? Do you live in DC now?
 
katec12345 said:
Hey SamDC-
I've actually heard since I posted that back in the end of December, I just never went back and updated the thread since it got buried. But I'm excited you've resurrected it! Are you going to GW? Do you live in DC now?


Hey Kate,

I'd like to take credit but I it was somebody else (Eralza, maybe) that resurrected your original thread.

I graduated from GW many moons back (2001 with my master's) but am still in DC. Did you get into GW? You live in DC?

Sam
 
Sam and Kate--are any of you going to be at gw next year? I'm still waiting to hear back from my january interview, but i really liked the school.
 
gdubb said:
Sam and Kate--are any of you going to be at gw next year? I'm still waiting to hear back from my january interview, but i really liked the school.

Gdubb,

I'll probably attend GW if I got off the waitlist. After the tour, I was quite impressed with what the medical school has done and would be very happy to be there, even with the hefty pricetag. I think the hospital definitely raised GW's stock in my eyes. Granted, I'm still hoping for Stanford but there's still the small problem of getting an interview from them.

How about you, GDubb? You get into GW med school and/or are you a current/past student there?

Go Colonials,
Sam
 
SamDC said:
Gdubb,

I'll probably attend GW if I got off the waitlist. After the tour, I was quite impressed with what the medical school has done and would be very happy to be there, even with the hefty pricetag. I think the hospital definitely raised GW's stock in my eyes. Granted, I'm still hoping for Stanford but there's still the small problem of getting an interview from them.

How about you, GDubb? You get into GW med school and/or are you a current/past student there?

Go Colonials,
Sam

Sam,

I'm still stalking my mailman waiting to hear a final decision. I really liked GW, especially the amazing hospital and clinical training. I'm a sucker for hospitals. I'm also waiting to hear from UNC since I'm a NC resident. GW's cost has me a little concerned..well that and the fact that I'm not accepted yet. 🙄

Good luck w/ stanford :luck: here's hoping they interview you and columbia interviews me...ain't lookin so good buddy. Who knows, maybe we'll both end up at GW.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Yup, I'm 99.9% sure I'm going to go to GW. I really like DC (I do live here now), and I really liked the school, so I'm going to go in August. I'm thrilled, and I hope you get in off the waitlist! 🙂
 
hey guys,
to all of u that were waitlisted/accepted, congratulations on getting to this point in your career. How did you guys feel about your interviews? Did they go well with both? I wonder how much GW stresses the interview? Just curious
 
CalH22a said:
Do any of you by any chance know when the waitlist for GW starts moving and how much movement there is? Thanks in advance for the help. 🙂


I think it will start to move after may 15th when people can only hold one acceptance. From what I hear, lots of people choose their state school over gw so there is usually a lot of waitlist movement...good luck :luck:
 
katec12345 said:
Yup, I'm 99.9% sure I'm going to go to GW. I really like DC (I do live here now), and I really liked the school, so I'm going to go in August. I'm thrilled, and I hope you get in off the waitlist! 🙂

Hey Kate,

Congratulations on your acceptance!!! I hope I get off the waitlist, too. I need to write Dean McQuail begging, I mean, expressing my continued interest in GW.

Again, congratulations! I'll let you (and all the other SDNers) know if I get in.

Sam
 
gdubb said:
I think it will start to move after may 15th when people can only hold one acceptance. From what I hear, lots of people choose their state school over gw so there is usually a lot of waitlist movement...good luck :luck:

Gdubb's right, the waitlist will start moving for a lot of schools, including GW, on and after May 15th. As for the number of people that actually matriculate coming off the waitlist, I don't know. A friend of mine who went to GW got in off the waitlist in June many years ago, so don't lose hope just yet even though it may get late in the game.

As an aside, said friend was offered the position of chief resident at Children's Hospital in D.C. So, just because you come from the waitlist doesn't mean you're any less qualified. It's a level playing field when you start med school.

Good luck, everyone!
Sam
 
hey ya'll,

ok here's an update. i called the admissions office (thanks for the number sam) they told me they had mailed out a final decision about 10 days ago ( i interviewed jan 11th). So, now i practically run home from work to check the mail, and it's not there. 😡 I'm hoping it'll be there tomorrow. So, all you jan interviewees it's coming!!!

C'mon GW--show us some lovin 😍
 
I wonder if they are having a type of rolling notification for the Jan interviewees? I interviewed on Jan 14. When I called the admissions office, they told me that they would be sending the notifications out in a week...or two.
 
eralza said:
I wonder if they are having a type of rolling notification for the Jan interviewees? I interviewed on Jan 14. When I called the admissions office, they told me that they would be sending the notifications out in a week...or two.

Looks like we're both going to be stalking the mailman eralza... 😀
 
You should receive your notification before me both because you interviewed first and because I'm over in Germany. Be sure to let me know when you get it. For so many reasons, I really want to attend GW!
 
eralza said:
You should receive your notification before me both because you interviewed first and because I'm over in Germany. Be sure to let me know when you get it. For so many reasons, I really want to attend GW!

i think it takes awhile...it's taken at least 10 days to get from dc to nc 😕. hopefully it'll be in my mailbox after work AND it will be good news

i'll let ya know..maybe we can be classmates along with kate and sam and everybody else
 
eralza said:
You should receive your notification before me both because you interviewed first and because I'm over in Germany. Be sure to let me know when you get it. For so many reasons, I really want to attend GW!


Eralza,

I think I remember you, I interviewed with you on Jan. 14..I was the only Indian girl in the crowd of interviewees from Boston. I am also hanging onto my seat here in Boston hoping to attend GW! I guess we should all keep each other updated...so we know not to leave our house until the mailman shows up!

Chika
 
chika_NYC said:
Eralza,

I think I remember you, I interviewed with you on Jan. 14..I was the only Indian girl in the crowd of interviewees from Boston. I am also hanging onto my seat here in Boston hoping to attend GW! I guess we should all keep each other updated...so we know not to leave our house until the mailman shows up!

Chika
Yes, I do remember you! Keep in touch, and I'll let you know if I hear anything as well. Just out of curiosity, does anyone know more about the decelerated program than what they publish? Most programs seem to give the option of going 5 years, but it seems that GW "places" people in the program, based on a committee decision.
 
Trying to keep it near the front for the next few days.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I still haven't received my letter. I called Friday and they said it had been sent on 2/23. I live in NC, so it shouldn't take this long. Hopefully, it'll be in the mail today. I'll let ya'll know. Good luck to those waiting to hear!! :luck: