• SDN Site Updates

Hey everyone! The site will be down for approximately 2 hours on Thursday, August 5th for site updates.

surfdevl02

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Sep 27, 2002
San Francisco, CA
Status (Visible)
Does anyone know a lot about the Georgetown Anesthesia program? How much call do they take there? I've heard through the rumor mill that 2nd and 3rd years don't take weekend call and there is no call as a 3rd year, is that right??? If so, that's gotta be one of the best call schedules in the country? Does anyone that interviewed at the program have any feelings about it?

Duckie24

Totally Quackers!
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
May 28, 2004
Status (Visible)
From what I remember of the interview, the CA-3s only take call if they want to, so the call falls to the CA-1s & -2s obviously. But seeing as you're there, you might want to ask one of them in the hallway or something.

About the Ads

surfdevl02

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Sep 27, 2002
San Francisco, CA
Status (Visible)
Sorry to confuse you guys...yes, i'm a Gtown student but the thing is, Gtown doesn't interview it's own students in anesthesia so the only thing we know about the program is from our 3rd and 4th year rotations...being that i didn't rotate here 4th year and i didn't care about call 3rd year, i probably know less about the program than most of you guys that interviewed at Gtown. Thanks again for your help!

Gern Blansten

Account on Hold
15+ Year Member
Jun 21, 2006
Northeast
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
Gtown doesn't interview it's own students in anesthesia so the only thing we know about the program is from our 3rd and 4th year rotations.

Something about this just doesn't seem right. Do you mean that they don't interview ALL of the students or that they refuse to interview ANY of the students? I can understand if they don't guarantee an interview for all students, but I doubt they think so little of their own students that they don't interview any.

TayShaun

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Oct 16, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
yes, i'm a Gtown student but the thing is, Gtown doesn't interview it's own students in anesthesia

Yeah, this is pretty interesting. I read this as saying that Gtown knows its students well enough that an interview is superfluous, and if they like you they'll still rank you? If you ask me, this makes more sense since you learn more about someone by chatting in the lounge or working with him/her than you would by making small talk in a suit.

surfdevl02

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Sep 27, 2002
San Francisco, CA
Status (Visible)
Haha...just like med students you guys are reading too much into this..sorry to confuse. I was just saying that Georgetown Anesthesia does not interview its own students that want to go into Anesthesia since they know about us through 3rd and 4th year rotations and one day of interviews isn't going to change their impression of the student. We're still considered in the match without the needless interview. I think that's how most school should do it personally. Just had the earlier question for anyone that went through the formal interview process.

About the Ads
This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.