Georgetown Gems Program 2009

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

drfsu21

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
does anyone know when GEMS applicants should anticipate a phone call? Today is the last day to submit applications, and I'm wondering how long they usually take to make the calls. (forgive me if this question has been answered in another forum)

Members don't see this ad.

does anyone know when GEMS applicants should anticipate a phone call? Today is the last day to submit applications, and I'm wondering how long they usually take to make the calls. (forgive me if this question has been answered in another forum)

After looking at past years forums, it seems that on average phone calls begin around Apr 2 or that first week until about the middle of Apr. So hopefully starting next week, we'll start receiving phone calls for interviews (HOPEFULLY!!).:thumbup:

For some reason, they keep every piece of information we want to hear ..quiet.

However some information I was able to glean:

- I did hear that close to 200 people applied ( although i'm not sure which ones of these or all actually count for "completion")

-I also heard from them that people that completed their apps early didn't really have an advantage.. because they really began to check the apps today. ( I completed mine on March 11th.. to bad no advantage there :()

- The admissions staff and everyone there is under a lot of stress ( which explains a lot of the curt replies)

Did anyone get these type of replies? any new info?

I would like to go to this program. certaintly my number 1 choice.

Members don't see this ad :)
hey guys! It if helps at all (because I know I've been pressed about this for a while) I got a call yesterday about an interview on Apr 20, so they are filling the interview slots now, and with pretty short notice! I hope you all will be getting your call soon :)

hey guys! It if helps at all (because I know I've been pressed about this for a while) I got a call yesterday about an interview on Apr 20, so they are filling the interview slots now, and with pretty short notice! I hope you all will be getting your call soon :)

I've also gotten a call for April 20, I'm so excited!

hi all

i have a may 4th interview, and would like to know the best way to prepare. should i expect pure biology and orgo or biology and biochemistry?