Georgetown Interviews for Physios?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

medstylee

1K Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
former physios, do you guys remember around what time gusom invited the physios for interviews last year? also, i was wondering around what gpa they seemed to cutoff at for interviews. according to dr. myers, around 50% of us who applied will be interviewed. i thought i remembered hearing that, in past years, they had to go into the 3.4's and even 3.3's to get that many for interviews. can anyone confirm this or make some sort of an educated guess.

Members don't see this ad.

medstylee said:
former physios, do you guys remember around what time gusom invited the physios for interviews last year? also, i was wondering around what gpa they seemed to cutoff at for interviews. according to dr. myers, around 50% of us who applied will be interviewed. i thought i remembered hearing that, in past years, they had to go into the 3.4's and even 3.3's to get that many for interviews. can anyone confirm this or make some sort of an educated guess.

I'm not a "former physio", but I probably will be going to the program next year. From what I understand, you should shoot for a 3.5, and higher if possible. I don't think that doing well in the program guarantees an interview, though, as exmike was saying that he got a 3.8, but didn't get an interview. I've heard that Georgetown looks for people that not only did well, but who also like the school's philosophy and can explain why they want to go there. I remember reading that they do not invite SMPs for interviews until April or so because they want to see how you did in Physiology and they also want you to get a feel for Georgetown.

tacrum43 said:
I'm not a "former physio", but I probably will be going to the program next year. From what I understand, you should shoot for a 3.5, and higher if possible. I don't think that doing well in the program guarantees an interview, though, as exmike was saying that he got a 3.8, but didn't get an interview. I've heard that Georgetown looks for people that not only did well, but who also like the school's philosophy and can explain why they want to go there. I remember reading that they do not invite SMPs for interviews until April or so because they want to see how you did in Physiology and they also want you to get a feel for Georgetown.

Hmm, right. I'm actually a student in the program right now, so I'm aware of this stuff. Thanks for trying though. Oh, and exmike didn't interview because he withdrew his application early on. He would have gotten an interview at Georgetown for sure. I think it's pretty much by smp numbers, how they choose who interviews.

Members don't see this ad :)
From what I remember in a previous class meeting, Dr. Myers said that after spring break, things should move relatively fast regarding interviews. I'm guessing that by mid April, invites should be popping up. After that, things might drag on and on and on, especially for those on waitlists.

medstylee said:
Hmm, right. I'm actually a student in the program right now, so I'm aware of this stuff. Thanks for trying though. Oh, and exmike didn't interview because he withdrew his application early on. He would have gotten an interview at Georgetown for sure. I think it's pretty much by smp numbers, how they choose who interviews.

I was just trying to be helpful. :oops: So is what I said wrong? What are better estimates of competitive numbers?