Georgetown MD/Phd Program?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Zmoney12

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone here applied to Georgetown's MD/PhD program in the past? I know they aren't funded, but I was wondering if they tend to give scholarships for the MD years to those who are accepted or something of that manner. Any general insight about Georgetown's program would be appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

Has anyone here applied to Georgetown's MD/PhD program in the past? I know they aren't funded, but I was wondering if they tend to give scholarships for the MD years to those who are accepted or something of that manner. Any general insight about Georgetown's program would be appreciated.

Hey, 7th year Georgetown MD-PhD student here...There is no chance a new student will get a scholarship from the school for the MD years, whether they tell you there is a chance or not. The main problem with the MD-PhD program at Georgetown is that there is currently no committee or driving force attempting to reconcile program cost between the medical school and the basic science departments. There is a new medical center director who has plans to reorganize the program here but it is unclear when anything might happen. Somehow we still are averaging one new unfunded student a year; they (the students, that is) basically eat the cost of the first and second years and hope that institutional funding gets reinstated before they return to third year. That being said, I have enjoyed my time here and think that the potential still exists for Georgetown to have a very strong MD-PhD program, someday.