Georgetown Post-Bac

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ATrim7

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anybody starting Georgetown's Post-Bac program this summer or fall? I was just accepted and I am trying to figure everything out.

Members don't see this ad.

ATrim7 said:
Anybody starting Georgetown's Post-Bac program this summer or fall? I was just accepted and I am trying to figure everything out.
The 11 month physiology master's? I was accepted to the program for fall and I will go if I don't get into medical school. I work in an ER, and one of the docs I work with went to Georgetown. She told me that the students in the program have a good chance of getting into Georgetown and other medical schools, but the program is cut-throat. The students have to compete against each other and the medical students. Still though, sounds like a great shot for the next year and I'm willing to work.

centralline said:
The 11 month physiology master's? I was accepted to the program for fall and I will go if I don't get into medical school. I work in an ER, and one of the docs I work with went to Georgetown. She told me that the students in the program have a good chance of getting into Georgetown and other medical schools, but the program is cut-throat. The students have to compete against each other and the medical students. Still though, sounds like a great shot for the next year and I'm willing to work.

Not the Master's. I was accepted to the Pre-Med Post-Bac (for those with no science background). The SMP is discussed at length in the forum. I am hoping to hear from someone who is planning on attending Georgetown's Post-Bac for those with no science background.

Members don't see this ad :)
Finally! another gtown postbac like myself. I will be starting this summer with the basic science courses

ATrim7 said:
Not the Master's. I was accepted to the Pre-Med Post-Bac (for those with no science background). The SMP is discussed at length in the forum. I am hoping to hear from someone who is planning on attending Georgetown's Post-Bac for those with no science background.

Hey, I was accepted, and am thinking about starting in the fall. I'm weighing some options. Do yall know if you'll be taking classes with undergrads or with other post-bacs? Did anything else heavily influence your decision?

Stixman28 said:
Hey, I was accepted, and am thinking about starting in the fall. I'm weighing some options. Do yall know if you'll be taking classes with undergrads or with other post-bacs? Did anything else heavily influence your decision?

Classes are with undergrads. There will definitley be less cut-throat competition than say the classes at Goucher or Bryn Mawr where classes are solely comprised of post-bac students. I know I would be able to perfrom well in either case, however I will be more likely to develop relationships with professors and excel in the coursework when I only have to compete with undergrads instead of 50 other post-bac students.

Obviously Georgetown is a well-liked and reputable school. The campus is amazing and D.C. is a great city. I am looking forward to starting the program.

Everyone who has been accepted to this program, post your contact info and ill create a mailing list so we can share info.

Tim Beer
[email protected]
AIM: majahops