Georgetown Post-Bac

Started by ATrim7
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

ATrim7

Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Anybody starting Georgetown's Post-Bac program this summer or fall? I was just accepted and I am trying to figure everything out.
 
ATrim7 said:
Anybody starting Georgetown's Post-Bac program this summer or fall? I was just accepted and I am trying to figure everything out.
The 11 month physiology master's? I was accepted to the program for fall and I will go if I don't get into medical school. I work in an ER, and one of the docs I work with went to Georgetown. She told me that the students in the program have a good chance of getting into Georgetown and other medical schools, but the program is cut-throat. The students have to compete against each other and the medical students. Still though, sounds like a great shot for the next year and I'm willing to work.
 
centralline said:
The 11 month physiology master's? I was accepted to the program for fall and I will go if I don't get into medical school. I work in an ER, and one of the docs I work with went to Georgetown. She told me that the students in the program have a good chance of getting into Georgetown and other medical schools, but the program is cut-throat. The students have to compete against each other and the medical students. Still though, sounds like a great shot for the next year and I'm willing to work.

Not the Master's. I was accepted to the Pre-Med Post-Bac (for those with no science background). The SMP is discussed at length in the forum. I am hoping to hear from someone who is planning on attending Georgetown's Post-Bac for those with no science background.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Finally! another gtown postbac like myself. I will be starting this summer with the basic science courses

ATrim7 said:
Not the Master's. I was accepted to the Pre-Med Post-Bac (for those with no science background). The SMP is discussed at length in the forum. I am hoping to hear from someone who is planning on attending Georgetown's Post-Bac for those with no science background.
 
Hey, I was accepted, and am thinking about starting in the fall. I'm weighing some options. Do yall know if you'll be taking classes with undergrads or with other post-bacs? Did anything else heavily influence your decision?
 
Stixman28 said:
Hey, I was accepted, and am thinking about starting in the fall. I'm weighing some options. Do yall know if you'll be taking classes with undergrads or with other post-bacs? Did anything else heavily influence your decision?

Classes are with undergrads. There will definitley be less cut-throat competition than say the classes at Goucher or Bryn Mawr where classes are solely comprised of post-bac students. I know I would be able to perfrom well in either case, however I will be more likely to develop relationships with professors and excel in the coursework when I only have to compete with undergrads instead of 50 other post-bac students.

Obviously Georgetown is a well-liked and reputable school. The campus is amazing and D.C. is a great city. I am looking forward to starting the program.