Georgetown SMP 2020-2021 Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

AnotherPre-med

Medical Student
2+ Year Member
Reaction score
I haven't been able to find a thread for this application cycle for the Georgetown SMP. I submitted my application about a week ago. Has anyone gotten in recently? How long does it take to hear back? Also, has anyone submitted without their MCAT score.

Members don't see this ad.

I was thinking about submitting without an MCAT score. I’ll keep you posted!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
does anyone know the acceptance rate for this program?
This is by no means accurate. I have heard that they can typically get around 1000 applications for 180 spots. If that is true, they might give around 200 to 300 acceptances (depending on how many ppl accept their offer).

I got waitlisted!! Does anyone have any advice to get off the waitlist and get accepted? Thanks

Reactions: 1 user
I am going to be applying for fall 2021 admission, but I couldn't find a forum for those applying for fall 2021 admission, so I'd thought I'd ask around here. My cGPA is a 3.35, and my sGPA is a 3.6. I'm going to be taking the MCAT this year, but I have taken Kaplan practice tests and other AAMC practice tests, and have scored in the 515-517 range every time. I was a college transfer student, I transferred colleges after sophomore year. My gpa at my first college was a 2.56, and my gpa at my second college was a 3.86. My second college I had so many more credit hours, so my gpa is definitely skewed toward the second college's gpa. I'm just worried about how they look at transfer students and that my 2.56 will stick out like a sore thumb. Additionally at first at my second college I wanted to be a teacher, so I took some education classes that really boosted my gpa but they were super easy and I'm worried the admissions committee may not look as highly upon those courses? I finished college as a science major. Am I competitive to get into the Georgetown SMP?

I am going to be applying for fall 2021 admission, but I couldn't find a forum for those applying for fall 2021 admission, so I'd thought I'd ask around here. My cGPA is a 3.35, and my sGPA is a 3.6. I'm going to be taking the MCAT this year, but I have taken Kaplan practice tests and other AAMC practice tests, and have scored in the 515-517 range every time. I was a college transfer student, I transferred colleges after sophomore year. My gpa at my first college was a 2.56, and my gpa at my second college was a 3.86. My second college I had so many more credit hours, so my gpa is definitely skewed toward the second college's gpa. I'm just worried about how they look at transfer students and that my 2.56 will stick out like a sore thumb. Additionally at first at my second college I wanted to be a teacher, so I took some education classes that really boosted my gpa but they were super easy and I'm worried the admissions committee may not look as highly upon those courses? I finished college as a science major. Am I competitive to get into the Georgetown SMP?
Hey! Sorry I just saw this, I think you are more than qualified to get in! If you havent already, I would highly recommend you to apply!

I have been on the waitlist since early June and I am getting antsy and scared about it because I want this program so badly. Has anyone been admitted off of the waitlist yet? and do you know why it is taking a while to hear back?

I have been on the waitlist since early June and I am getting antsy and scared about it because I want this program so badly. Has anyone been admitted off of the waitlist yet? and do you know why it is taking a while to hear back?
Same here