Dismiss Notice
Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.

Georgetown SMP admissions?

Discussion in 'Postbaccalaureate Programs' started by TheGuy2000, Apr 26, 2004.

1. TheGuy2000

TheGuy2000 Member
    5+ Year Member

How hard is it really to get into this program? I have about a 3.01 gpa from a top 3 liberal arts school, and a 30 O MCAT, should I get into this progam? Or will it be close? Also how much will this program help me to get accepted into med school?
    Gracias

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. CaptainJack02

CaptainJack02 let's stir and shake
    7+ Year Member

bump!

did they give away most of their seats already? is it even worth applying this late?

4. bosox03

bosox03 Believe
    10+ Year Member

I would check out the message forum for the program:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/physios/

Dr. Myers, the director of the program, answers a lot of students questions on this forum. I looked through the forum and found a message from Dr. Myers that said "We anticipate around 600 applications for a class of 135 to 150 next year. My guess is that we'll be able to accomodate most people who have the basic 3.0/27, if either the GPA or the MCAT is somewhat higher than the minimum."

The application deadline is June 1st (I think). Good luck.

5. premed

premed Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Medical Student
    I think it will be close, but you should definitely apply. Since your GPA is probably keeping you from medical school, excelling in this program should get you some acceptances. As of yet, I don't know how much this program helps you while concurrently applying to medical school, but if you ask me around this time next year...I should know.