Georgetown SMP admissions?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TheGuy2000

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
How hard is it really to get into this program? I have about a 3.01 gpa from a top 3 liberal arts school, and a 30 O MCAT, should I get into this progam? Or will it be close? Also how much will this program help me to get accepted into med school?
Gracias

Members don't see this ad.

bump!

did they give away most of their seats already? is it even worth applying this late?

I would check out the message forum for the program:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/physios/

Dr. Myers, the director of the program, answers a lot of students questions on this forum. I looked through the forum and found a message from Dr. Myers that said "We anticipate around 600 applications for a class of 135 to 150 next year. My guess is that we'll be able to accomodate most people who have the basic 3.0/27, if either the GPA or the MCAT is somewhat higher than the minimum."

The application deadline is June 1st (I think). Good luck.

TheGuy2000 said:
How hard is it really to get into this program? I have about a 3.01 gpa from a top 3 liberal arts school, and a 30 O MCAT, should I get into this progam? Or will it be close? Also how much will this program help me to get accepted into med school?
Gracias

I think it will be close, but you should definitely apply. Since your GPA is probably keeping you from medical school, excelling in this program should get you some acceptances. As of yet, I don't know how much this program helps you while concurrently applying to medical school, but if you ask me around this time next year...I should know.