georgetown smp application question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

umes

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
i had a few questions about the application for georgetown's smp. on the online application, i submitted the same personal statement as i did to medical schools....do i submit the same essay on my supplemental application or do i have to write another statement about why i want to do georgetown's smp. also, on the application there is the option to upload the supplemental application....do i do that instead of mailing a hard copy?

Members don't see this ad.

I only filled out the most basic sections (i.e. personal info, educational background, and pick your program). Then the last option is to upload your AMCAS application if you're applying to SMP. It seems redundant to re-enter the same personal statement, and I doubt that they're looking for 2. Anyway, I'm calling tomorrow because I wasn't sure either.

Guys - this question can be asked and answered at the Yahoo group listed in my Sig. Dr. Myers, who is closely associated with the program, answers questions there.

Members don't see this ad :)
For those who know what I'm talking about: on the application, does institutional action in number 6 of option B include withdrawal from class? Or is that like disciplinary measures taken against you?

Do they interview every applicant over the phone at Georgetown or are some people automatically accepted?

No interviews at all. All decisions based on the application.

No interviews at all. All decisions based on the application.

Well, I think they do interview a few people. I remember Dr. Myers saying that. But for the most part, they do just accept based on your application.