Georgetown SMP Application

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

CMar830

Southerner til 2010
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Since I will be sending my AMCAS as my supplemental information, does this mean I don't have to respond to the "Academic Statement of Purpose" part of the application (the 500-word essay)? I'm pretty sure that my AMCAS/Personal Statement can be used in lieu of this, but since the online app won't let me continue the application before typing something in here, should I just copy and paste my personal statement from AMCAS? Or say, "Please refer to AMCAS"?

Any ideas? Thanks!!

Members don't see this ad.

CMar830 said:
Since I will be sending my AMCAS as my supplemental information, does this mean I don't have to respond to the "Academic Statement of Purpose" part of the application (the 500-word essay)? I'm pretty sure that my AMCAS/Personal Statement can be used in lieu of this, but since the online app won't let me continue the application before typing something in here, should I just copy and paste my personal statement from AMCAS? Or say, "Please refer to AMCAS"?

Any ideas? Thanks!!

Found the answer to this - so need for replies! I'll probably have other questions soon though :oops:

See, I knew one would come up:

Along the same lines as my original question, do I have to fill in the "Relevent Experience" section of the Georgetown SMP application, as long as I upload my AMCAS?

CMar830 said:
See, I knew one would come up:

Along the same lines as my original question, do I have to fill in the "Relevent Experience" section of the Georgetown SMP application, as long as I upload my AMCAS?

Just use ur AMCAS personal statement, in the application, write "Same as AMCAS" in the personal statement box. That's all u gotta do.
Hope that helps and good luck on ur app!