Georgetown SMP?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

NRAI2001

3K Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I was wondering how difficult you guys think (have heard or experienced) the Georgetown SMP program was? How difficult or competitive is it to do well? How difficult is it to get straight into the med school?

Members don't see this ad.

there's a ton of information if you look around for threads in this forum. LOOK! :rolleyes:

piece of cake

Members don't see this ad :)
I don't know if this thread is the best place to post this, but I will try:

I know some people who are on here have attended the Georgetown SMP. I am looking for a bit of insight.

I am currently taking a Post-Bacc program after graduating with a GPA of 2.7. In my program now, I have a 3.87, but that has only raised my cume to about 2.85. I scored a 36R on the MCAT. I am not hearing anything from med schools and am now considering other options.

With those stats, and pretty solid EC's, do I have a reasonable shot to be accepted to Georgetown's SMP program?

Thanks!

imrep1972 said:
I don't know if this thread is the best place to post this, but I will try:

I know some people who are on here have attended the Georgetown SMP. I am looking for a bit of insight.

I am currently taking a Post-Bacc program after graduating with a GPA of 2.7. In my program now, I have a 3.87, but that has only raised my cume to about 2.85. I scored a 36R on the MCAT. I am not hearing anything from med schools and am now considering other options.

With those stats, and pretty solid EC's, do I have a reasonable shot to be accepted to Georgetown's SMP program?

Thanks!
Georgetown sent out an email a few months ago saying they are requiring a 3.0 cume and 3.0 science. You might want to give them a call though. If it turns out that you can't get into the Georgetown SMP, look into some similar programs such as Boston U's MA in Medical Sciences. It can also be completed in one year (if you do the paper-thesis) and you take the majority of your classes with the medical students.

Phil Anthropist said:
Georgetown sent out an email a few months ago saying they are requiring a 3.0 cume and 3.0 science. You might want to give them a call though. If it turns out that you can't get into the Georgetown SMP, look into some similar programs such as Boston U's MA in Medical Sciences. It can also be completed in one year (if you do the paper-thesis) and you take the majority of your classes with the medical students.

Thanks! :thumbup: