Georgetown SMP

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

scgirl

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was wondering what things I need to start taking care of once I submit my deposit for the SMP program...if someone has already been through the process and can give me some insight that would be GREAT!!!

Members don't see this ad.

From a current SMPer you need to:
-Find an apartment/roomate(s) (if you want one/some)
-Start saving up $ for start up costs
-Plan a trip to DC to scout out the town for an apartment
-Sleep (you will be running a deficit most of the year)
-Work on your AMCAS/secondaries its a huge pain doing those once school begins
-Study for the Aug MCAT (if needed)

Reactions: 1 user
Touchdown said:
From a current SMPer you need to:
-Find an apartment/roomate(s) (if you want one/some)
-Start saving up $ for start up costs
-Plan a trip to DC to scout out the town for an apartment
-Sleep (you will be running a deficit most of the year)
-Work on your AMCAS/secondaries its a huge pain doing those once school begins
-Study for the Aug MCAT (if needed)

I definitely agree with Touchdown on this one. I think it is very important to actually see where you will be living, and how far it actually it to the school and/or metro stop from the potential apartment. It is also a good way to find your apartment, because you can just look for "For Rent" signs in the neighborhoods that you're interested in.

Also, you should immediately start reading an embryology text. (j/k)

Members don't see this ad :)
I agree with all of above advices.

Another advice is to make sure that you are fit. There will be times that you will be spending very long hours studying and stamina is important.

James

if you plan on applying for 2007, have mailing labels ready along with the addresses of the schools youre applying to. just trust me.

thanks guys!!!
When go to DC to visit and look for an apartment where is the best place to stay?

^It depends on where you plan on looking (the goal is to be centraly located to cut down on gas $) but my suggestion is Arlington (DC is too expensive) preferably Rosslyn because it will be close to most of the neighborhoods near Georgetown.

scgirl,

Join this GT SMP yahoo group

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/physios/

There is a SMP survival guide in the file section that you can download. It is very informative and pretty complete as fas as course descriptions and advices, housing, entertainment and so on.

Good luck.

James

gtown postbac guy here (not SMP). anyone looking for a roomate?

daeojkim said:
scgirl,

Join this GT SMP yahoo group

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/physios/

There is a SMP survival guide in the file section that you can download. It is very informative and pretty complete as fas as course descriptions and advices, housing, entertainment and so on.

Good luck.

James