Georgia Licensure with ADEX

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Aard

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,
My current situation is the followings. I took ADEX live patient in 2020 right before COVID and have since practiced in AL for 2 years now. The new licensure rule of GA Boards indicates that it starts accepting ADEX beginning January 1st, 2021. I contacted the Boards several times and got contradicting information about my eligibility to apply based on examination.

In one statement, they said any exam taken between July 1, 2009 and December 31, 2020 must be the CRDTS examination. The next statement, they said at the September 2021 meeting, the Board stated that it will consider live patient ADEX examinations taken in 2015 or later without a rule waiver petition. I'm utterly confused about their answer. Does anyone have similar experience or can shed some light on this situation? Should I consult with an attorney to review the board rules?

Attached is the script of the conference call when they talked about the consideration of ADEX taken in 2015 or later

Side note: I called them directly and they hung up on me the first time and the second time, they asked me to go back and read the board rules smh...

Members don't see this ad.

Attachments

• unnamed.jpg
    unnamed.jpg
    105.7 KB · Views: 116
I took ADEX in 2018 and was able to get GA license.

Reactions: 1 user
I took ADEX in 2018 and was able to get GA license.
When did you apply for licensure? Did you get your license after they announced ADEX acceptance in 2021? Did you have to file a petition for rule variance? Sorry I know those are a lot of questions but I got so excited with your response.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
When did you apply for licensure? Did you get your license after they announced ADEX acceptance in 2021? Did you have to file a petition for rule variance? Sorry I know those are a lot of questions but I got so excited with your response.
I applied about two months ago and received my license in a week or two (active duty army). I didn't have to file any petition.

im glad this thread is up! i also took ADEX (2019 grad). have my FL and NC license. my parents live in GA but i havent practiced there because of the info on the website. my mom went to a general dentist in GA and he said he took adex and was in NC previously and told her i should be fine to get a GA license. she got his # for me but i havent contacted him yet. so im still just as confused as you lol

I applied about two months ago and received my license in a week or two (active duty army). I didn't have to file any petition.
How did you apply for your license? By examination or credential?