Georgia Programs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

nkob

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
The people who post here seem very imformative so I thought I'd seek information on the GA programs. Scutwork has practically no info. So anything anyone can contribute would be great (i.e. cutoffs, happiness of residents, case load, call schedule, etc.) :D

Members don't see this ad.

I'd be interested in hearing thoughts about Georgia programs as well (and any other info. about programs in the Southeast). Thank you, to all the experienced MDAs and Residents on here who take their time to share such information. :)

Monty

having spent some time at emory my 4th year, i can tell you that it is a solid program. the chairman, Dr. Zaidan is a first class guy. the residents are happy, not overworked, and they get a good variety of cases. the liver transplants are increasing, and you'll spend time at all of the facitlities including egleston, grady, crawford long and emory hospital. another perk is living in atlanta. if you are serious about ending up in georgia, you should do a rotation there.