Georgia State University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Zlin

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Can anyone tell me about their program? I'm waiting to hear from them. When do they do interviews? Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I'm waiting too! I thought it would be around January that we hear from them. It would be nice to hear from them this month

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

The admissions timeline on their website says candidates informed of interviews in mid January.

Members don't see this ad :)
questionmark32
Can u post your stats or pm me?
My GPA is around 3.3
200 hours
But my GRE scores are not good. I took the old one. V 430 Q 620 A 3.0
I'm really worried. Been thinking about retaking the GRE but I'm afraid it will be too late at this point and that I might get an even lower score. Any advice?

I applied to Georgia State but haven't heard back in regards to an interview. In some down time over holiday break I visited the university website and discovered interviews will be held February 9th.
http://physicaltherapy.gsu.edu/

I am unsure if I am being considered for admission because when I reviewed the status of my application it shows that they received some of my supplemental application documents after the deadline. I find this to be odd since all supplemental documents (transcripts, proof of observation hours etc) were sent in one*envelope and some documents show up as being received days even weeks earliet than others. Any one else experience this?

I think they let you know whether you get an interview by mid January. My documents showed up a few days later after the deadline even tho I sent it before. I emailed the admission they said my app was received on time. Hope this helps! Do u mind posting ur stats? Thanks!

University: Georgia State University
Degree: Business
Overall GPA: 3.6
Pre-req GPA: 4.0
GRE: 570 Verbal, 510 Quantitative, 4.5 Analytical Writing

Observation Hours: 130+ (Outpatient, AcuteCare, HomehealthPediatrics)

Wow. You have a very competitive stat! Good luck! I'm sure you will get an interview :)

Thank you! Goodluck to you too :) I know we have all worked hard to get to this point. The application process is definitely a challenging one.

I was fortunate enough to be granted an interview and I received the email about a week ago. We have to confirm our attendance by the second week of January so I'm sure they'll be sending out more emails before interview day! Good luck everyone!

Thanks! When did you send in your application?

I mailed the packet it mid-September and they had received everything by October 5th. So it took almost 3 weeks for them to have all of my documents shown as completed!

Members don't see this ad :)
I sent mine just a few days before the deadline lol I only met the minimum GRE requirement do you think I have a chance?

GSU sent me an email on Dec 21 telling me I have an interview on Feb 9, so I would assume everyone will know soon! Good luck everyone!

Just wondering if anyone has heard back from GSU in terms of acceptances. I think it would be great if we can use this thread as a GSU DPT Class of 2016 thread once we all find out!

I interviewed at State and am expecting to hear something by the end of the month. What were ya'lls stats (for those that interviewed)??

Me too! Are you going to go?

I will be putting my deposit real soon! where are you coming from?
I wonder if any one else did?

Hi! I got in too. Super excited about GSU.
I'm from Atlanta. What about y'all?

I've been in Atlanta for 2 years now

Accepted both at State and Mercer. I'll be attending Mercer. The program at
state is not what I thought it would be.... The comparison of the education you'll receive at Mercer is incomparable to the education from State in my opinion. Good Luck to you all.

Accepted both at State and Mercer. I'll be attending Mercer. The program at
state is not what I thought it would be.... The comparison of the education you'll receive at Mercer is incomparable to the education from State in my opinion. Good Luck to you all.

Congrats on your acceptance!

What I like about State over Mercer (other than the tuition is much lower at State) is that the faculty seems to actually care about the students. You can also tell that the students love the faculty too. While the facilities at Mercer are nicer, I'm not planning on working in a lab or anything like that so that did not play a role in my decision making. The faculty were just as knowledgeable and there was some diversity. I liked the current students better too.

I'm not knocking Mercer in any way. Obviously their program is one of the best. I just don't want to spend an arm and a leg learning the same stuff. Plus, I feel GSU builds 'people' and not 'robots'

I was rejected. Do you all mind sharing your stats so I'll know what to improve on next cycle? Thanks!!!!!

I was rejected. Do you all mind sharing your stats so I'll know what to improve on next cycle? Thanks!!!!!

Did you interview? If you did, I think your rejection had less to do with your stats than how they felt about your fit in the program. Once you get an interview, most schools just want to see how you fit with the faculty and the program in general. Also, the written component may have been a factor too.

No, I didn't get an interview. I was waitlisted for an interview and then rejected.

Last edited:
What I like about State over Mercer (other than the tuition is much lower at State) is that the faculty seems to actually care about the students. You can also tell that the students love the faculty too. While the facilities at Mercer are nicer, I'm not planning on working in a lab or anything like that so that did not play a role in my decision making. The faculty were just as knowledgeable and there was some diversity. I liked the current students better too.

I'm not knocking Mercer in any way. Obviously their program is one of the best. I just don't want to spend an arm and a leg learning the same stuff. Plus, I feel GSU builds 'people' and not 'robots'

I agree with you there. I just couldn't stomach the cost of private school when there are such great public options. I also liked the greater diversity of GSU.

13708216 said:
I will be putting my deposit real soon! where are you coming from?
I wonder if any one else did?

I'm coming from Atlanta as well! anyone know of a FB group or anything? I want to see who all got in! I'm ready to get started lol

Yea both Mercer and State seem like great programs. I felt like state had more "bang for your buck" because of the all the new facilities, education offered, and just overall experience. But that's my opinion.

weird, flipy I got wait listed and you and I have nearly identical stats. I must have not done something right during the interview.

I still hope I get in. just got to finish chem 2 and physics 2

weird, flipy I got wait listed and you and I have nearly identical stats. I must have not done something right during the interview.

I still hope I get in. just got to finish chem 2 and physics 2

Yea I gotta finish those classes as well. Well I did do my undergrad at gsu, so that might contribute to it. There are so many factors that they look at so you really could never know unfortunately.

There isn't a page for the Class of 2016. Can you make one? I'm not that big of a Facebook fan, but I would definitely join that page!