Geriatric Pre-Dents!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pine88

Warning:
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anybody else filling out your application and feeling a little dated? Extracurricular activities a little old? Thinking about how you're going to emphasize your "maturity?"

Maybe we can all get together and play Bingo...

Pine - 28 years old.

Members don't see this ad.

I am not applying this year (hopefully next year) but I am "older than average". I am 25 now, which means I could be 26 or 27 when I get in. Then I could be 30 or 31 when I graduate. It is ok, I feel that my maturity and "life experience" could definately help me in the matriculation process.

Pine, I also noticed that you are applying to a couple of schools that I am going to apply to. Colorado and UMKC. Keep us up to date on how that goes for you! Good luck!

P.S. Isn't it odd how kids who were born in 1990 are now driving? That scares me... :eek:

LNinlove said:
Isn't it odd how kids who were born in 1990 are now driving? That scares me... :eek:

Oh my god... that IS scary!

I am pretty sure I was dancing to MC Hammer with my leg warmers in 1990. WOW. I'm old. :(

But... you are NEVER too old to go to school! Ask the 82 year old woman who just graduated from Harvard. I saw it on the news the other night. In fact, I would like to dedicate this thread to Mrs. Betty McNeil! :p

Members don't see this ad :)
im 23 and i feel old already. couple more years i'll hit the big three-oh. uh-oh :(

polarnut... you are not that old yet.. most of pre dent are in their early 20's . you will still be in your 20s when you finish dental school...

on the other hand, I will be 30+ when I finish dental school... this is why i'm eating right and exercise regularly, so i won't look too old when i'm in dental school... o.. dont forget to put on sun screen everyday.. it prevent you from getting wrinkles... oh and skin cancer too.. ;)

So when was our bingo game scheduled for?

LNinlove said:
So when was our bingo game scheduled for?

i can't hear you! say that again!

i just turned 26 and feel like I over the twenty something hill now...

I will be starting in August and I am 25 now, but I feel like I am 18.... Where is the house party and keg. I am ready for some beer pong.
-C

Ok, Beer Bingo. If you don't have the number you drink, if you have the number you give out that many drinks.

Am I really the oldest one here? (28) wow...

If you guys are geriatric, I guess that makes me dead. :)

(I'll be 34 when I start this August)

PB

I realize I am older than everyone that has responded to this thread!

I am applying and am 35 years old! Like Super-C said, I do feel and act like 18. Well, considering the World Cup is going on, I may not act that mature :)

Hopefully the admissions staff will have a little mercy for this ole man before I get pushed off into a home somewhere.

Best of luck to everyone.

I'll be looking for you more mature folks for advice and maybe a little parental advice in d-school. Peace out! :smuggrin: Just kidding.

PackBacker....atleast while your in dental school you can work on your own dentures....save some money that way huh? hehe
Congrats on getting in, that is awesome!

turned 30 last month.. applying now for '07..
i do hate calculating my age when i gradute dental school. god willing.
and imagine if i somehow specialize... id be pushing 40 :scared:

You guys are all youngsters.

I just finished my first year of dental school last week and will turn 41 next month. Never think you're too old!

2BDMD said:

I just finished my first year of dental school last week and will turn 41 next month. Never think you're too old!
I'm about to be 26.

I'm class of 2011 if I get in.

2BDMD said:

I concur. I'm 42 and will be starting D-school this Aug.

I smell old people

just kidin.. I will be 26 when I start.