geriatric psychiatry

Started by mdblue
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

mdblue

Senior Member
20+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Can anyone share their experiences in this field please? I am seriously contemplating a fellowship in geri-psych, however there is hardly any information about it in real-life settings(apart from the AAGP site). I will really appreciate any info about the lifestyle/pay/job requirements/job satisfaction, anything really you guys think as being important.
I did my training in an university hospital geriatric unit which I felt was totally secluded from the real-life practice. Unfortunately, the attending I worked w/ was unable to provide any productive info about the specialty(I guess, he himself was a little burnt-out).
Thanks in advance. 🙂
 
i hope that somebody out there who is knowledgeable on this topic would post a reply. i am curious as well, and would appreciate some info regarding geriatric psych. thanks.