------>Get a job!<-------

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

heyitscyndi

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone! Hope classes and such are going well for you. I am wanting to know who out there works in a dental office right now? What kind of work do you do and if you do it while still going to classes and such. I would like to work this summer to get some experience, either in an ortho or pediatric office. I'm pretty close to my ortho and ped doctors, so should I just walk up and ask if I can work in their office? You guys are the best, thanks!! :love:

Members don't see this ad.

heyitscyndi said:
Hey everyone! Hope classes and such are going well for you. I am wanting to know who out there works in a dental office right now? What kind of work do you do and if you do it while still going to classes and such. I would like to work this summer to get some experience, either in an ortho or pediatric office. I'm pretty close to my ortho and ped doctors, so should I just walk up and ask if I can work in their office? You guys are the best, thanks!! :love:

I have been working as an assistant for 5 yrs now, when i was in high school i used to work after school but now that i am at college away from the office i work on the breaks and the summer vacations or anytime i can pretty much. i have done general and ortho assisting and both take a little while to learn but you can deifnately do either if you find someone who is willing to train you. you should definately ask the dentists you know its a fun job and you will learn a lot you might even feel more prepared for dental school if you find a dentist that likes to explain what he's doing during procedures. good luck to you! :)

heyitscyndi said:
during undergrad i worked in gp office and assisted 3 dds and worked the reception desk as needed and did a bunch of lab work, mostly on the weekends. i also wored in an omfs office with 2 docs and assisted both and worked the phones if it was a slow day. just be really enthusiastic about everything and just jump in whenever you can where ever you can in the office - even if it is something little like filing - before i knew it, i knew how to do everything in both offices, so there was always work for me to do. plus it will help me start an office and train my staff or retrain! just go at it will all of your heart and be enthusiastic about it - GOOD LUCK :) :)