get accepted, but failed a class

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PharmD2Be1983

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey guys,
let say you get accepted into pharmacy school, but u happened to fail a class afterward, would that affect your admission status? would they replace you with someone else on the waitlist?

Members don't see this ad.

if it's a class you need then yes, they would probably take back the acceptance. for most schools you need to get at least a C in all your classes for them to transfer. if it's not a class you need then i would drop it before you get the F just in case. Call the school and find out their policy.

is important that you call them. You can also ask if you can take the course in the summer

Members don't see this ad :)
Yep, they can take it away. When I was accepted, it was conditional until I got my stats and micro out of the way. Like was said above, call the school and check.

Like others said, you should talk to someone in admissions at the school.

The letter I received from my school stated that my admission is contingent upon my completion of a bachelor's degree, a C or better in my second semester O-chem lab, and a 2.7 semester GPA for this spring.

If you told the school you were going to graduate and this D or F will keep you from graduating, I would definitely call. If the D or F is in a pre-req course, you'll definitely have to retake it. If the D or F is in a non-pre-req course and you weren't planning on graduating, you're probably ok... I would still call the school though and ask them what to do. You can always retake it during the summer if it's offered.

if it's a class you need then yes, they would probably take back the acceptance. for most schools you need to get at least a C in all your classes for them to transfer. if it's not a class you need then i would drop it before you get the F just in case. Call the school and find out their policy.
absolutely. all prereqs require a C, or you are not accepted

well, the class is not part of the pre-requisite.
but it happens to be part of the pharmacy school cirriculum..this sounds bad,,

Can you go ahead and tell us the name of the class that you're failing?

--Garfield3d

pathophysiology(upper division) is the class.
i intend to repeat this class over the summer,but it's an introductory class.
in my opinion, i think it's still good to take an introduction class because we won't be getting into this subject until second year in pharmacy school.
what do u think? after failing this class this semester, i am for sure i will do better in this class over the summer if i come up with a better study plan.

Well you know summer classes are usually more difficult than regular semester classes because of the amount of info you have to absorb in such a small time frame.

This almost happened to me. I just finished my last two pre-reqs this semester, one was Organic 2. I had a high B going into the final, but the final test kicked my a**. I needed 83/200 to pass the class and was worried I wouldn't even get that many questions right. Just learned that I scored enough to get a C in the class. I've never in my life been so happy to get a C. How sad it would be to get accepted to pharmacy school and fail your last pre-req.

This almost happened to me. I just finished my last two pre-reqs this semester, one was Organic 2. I had a high B going into the final, but the final test kicked my a**. I needed 83/200 to pass the class and was worried I wouldn't even get that many questions right. Just learned that I scored enough to get a C in the class. I've never in my life been so happy to get a C. How sad it would be to get accepted to pharmacy school and fail your last pre-req.

I am in the same shoes as you. I kid you not.

Wow, deja vu. I'm in the same boat. I also kid you not.

Well, I got a C in physics, which totally made my day (It's so sad). I thought I was going to fail lol.