1. The SDN iPhone App is back and free through November! Get it today and please post a review on the App Store!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice

Get charged twice? DO and MD application

Discussion in 'ERAS, SOAP, and NRMP Match' started by IDBasco, Aug 2, 2011.

1. IDBasco

IDBasco Atypical agent
    7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    So the DO programs are looking for applications now, and I will be applying to the MD programs in Sept. as well. For right now there are about 6 DO programs I want to apply to. When I look at the charges, it has fees for comlex and usmle (really?) fee as well as the ERAS $85 fee. I can't apply to the MD programs for the time being. So when I apply in Sept., is it going to charge me all these same fees a second time? :(

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. IDBasco

IDBasco Atypical agent
    7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Alright- finally found the answer on eras somewhere. Just in case anyone else finds this thread, yeah you pay twice. Awesome.

4. MDROCKSTAR

MDROCKSTAR Shred Master
    2+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    I think the COMLEX fee is a one time fee (correct me if I'm wrong). But what really sucks is that you have to pay the $85 ERAS fee multiple times. So if you are applying to DO FM and MD FM you will have to pay twice. Also you have to pay for each type a residency. So, if you apply DO ER, DO FM, MD ER, and MD FM--that will be $85x4. The $85 covers up to 10 programs. After that it is incremental.

This link is helpful for explaining the fees:
    https://services.aamc.org/eras/myeras2012/programs/invoice/fees.cfm