Gettin' Ready For Interviews

Started by lenadeb
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

lenadeb

UF CVM Vet Student
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
For those who *really* worry about what kind of questions can pop up in interviews, I have attached a Word file with sample questions for various "areas" of inquiry. It should be of some help.

I snatched the list from a university HR department web site.
 

Attachments

The University of Illinois has a behavior based interview format. If you live in Illinois, you can actually go to the career center on campus and schedule a mock interview.
I’m hoping other schools have that option.
I’ve included a few links that I like to go back to, for behavior based interview information.

Virginia Tech has a very good description of what the behavioral interview is and how it works.
http://www.career.vt.edu/JOBSEARC/interview/Behavioral.htm

About.com also has a pretty extensive amount of information as well
http://jobsearch.about.com/cs/interviews/a/behavioral.htm

Vault has this article on the process as well.
http://www.vault.com/nr/main_article_detail.jsp?article_id=18794&cat_id=0&ht_type=10