Getting 0-30% on USMLE Rx

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hsk013

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I usually do 5 questions before bed and get anywhere from 0-2 right.
I have been doing it for about 2 weeks and my overall cumulative score is like 36%.

And these questions are not random, they are from my system-based course. So I am super worried. Any suggestions?

Members don't see this ad.

Well - why are you getting those questions wrong? (1) Were you new to the content? (2) Were you exposed to the content before but failed to remember? (3) Did you have issues understanding the question / applying knowledge you already had?

If (1) -> You may consider studying the topics before doing the systems.
If (2) -> Anki might be a good idea.
If (3) -> I would look at where you went wrong and why and just try to learn from that.

That being said, USMLE-Rx questions usually aren't very difficult, so it would be somewhat unusual for (3) to be a huge issue.

Well - why are you getting those questions wrong? (1) Were you new to the content? (2) Were you exposed to the content before but failed to remember? (3) Did you have issues understanding the question / applying knowledge you already had?

If (1) -> You may consider studying the topics before doing the systems.
If (2) -> Anki might be a good idea.
If (3) -> I would look at where you went wrong and why and just try to learn from that.

That being said, USMLE-Rx questions usually aren't very difficult, so it would be somewhat unusual for (3) to be a huge issue.
How would u recommend doing #1 if you have like 1-2 hrs a day? Not sure how to approach. Any study guides/books? IDK how good reading and rereading fa would be

I usually do 5 questions before bed and get anywhere from 0-2 right.
I have been doing it for about 2 weeks and my overall cumulative score is like 36%.

And these questions are not random, they are from my system-based course. So I am super worried. Any suggestions?
I would also bump up the number of questions you are doing, do at least 20. 5 questions leaves little room to be wrong and feel good about your percent. I am still getting 50%s on USMLERx even on systems we covered just because I either forgot or mixed up concepts, or sometimes we just didnt learn it in the way the material is asked about. Don't stress out, just review the wrong answers and figure out what you are missing.