• Please review the updated member agreement. Included is a new statement supporting the scientific method and evidence-based medicine. Claims or statements about disease processes should reference widely accepted scientific resources. Theoretical medical speculation is encouraged as part of the overall scientific process. However, unscientific statements that promote unfounded ideological positions or agendas may be removed.

cobe3mat

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Nov 11, 2008
Status
Pre-Medical
Hi I am retaking Biol 3 the first time I took it I got a 2.3 this time probably 3.x. Will it doom my application that I didn't get an A. I am just not a biology person. For the last two year my cumulative GPA has been 3.5 and above. How much does pharmacy school care about biology?

Last edited:

Nguyen

7+ Year Member
Jul 29, 2011
Status
Pharmacist
No, don't retake biology. B + A = 3.5 gpa averaged by pharmCAS anyways, why risk going up .5 when a B is a solid 3.0, assuming your school doesn't do +/- system

About the Ads
Feb 22, 2011
Status
Pharmacy Student
You'll be fine, but you probably shouldn't have even wasted the time with the retake if you did better than a C the first time, and your cumulative is around 3.5. The two grades will be averaged on Pharmcas when they calculate your GPA.

Last edited:

xtsukiyox

Moderator Emeritus
7+ Year Member
May 19, 2009
Status
Pharmacy Student
Hi I am retaking Biol 3 the first time I took it I got a 2.3 this time probably 3.x. Will it doom my application that I didn't get an A. I am just not a biology person. For the last two year my cumulative GPA has been 3.5 and above. How much does pharmacy school care about biology?
Er, really? What part of biology don't you like? I could see continuing into pharmacy if you didn't like learning about trees or something (actually, I pretty much hated that part). How is your A&P?

About the Ads