Getting a B in bio retake

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cobe3mat

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi I am retaking Biol 3 the first time I took it I got a 2.3 this time probably 3.x. Will it doom my application that I didn't get an A. I am just not a biology person. For the last two year my cumulative GPA has been 3.5 and above. How much does pharmacy school care about biology?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
images

No, don't retake biology. B + A = 3.5 gpa averaged by pharmCAS anyways, why risk going up .5 when a B is a solid 3.0, assuming your school doesn't do +/- system

Members don't see this ad :)
You'll be fine, but you probably shouldn't have even wasted the time with the retake if you did better than a C the first time, and your cumulative is around 3.5. The two grades will be averaged on Pharmcas when they calculate your GPA.

Last edited:
Hi I am retaking Biol 3 the first time I took it I got a 2.3 this time probably 3.x. Will it doom my application that I didn't get an A. I am just not a biology person. For the last two year my cumulative GPA has been 3.5 and above. How much does pharmacy school care about biology?

Er, really? What part of biology don't you like? I could see continuing into pharmacy if you didn't like learning about trees or something (actually, I pretty much hated that part). How is your A&P?