getting a bachelor after u got in!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

far123

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
ok, let's say the big on the big day, dec1, u got a call from ur top dental school. do u still have to finish ur bachelor? I mean, is it require to have a bachelor in order to get into dental school?

Members don't see this ad.

I believe it depends on the school your applying to. I know that for NOVA you don't have to have a bachelor's.

Technically no, at most schools you just need the prerequisites.

But what if your hand gets stuck in a blender and you lose a few fingers? Never hurts to have something to fall back on...

Members don't see this ad :)
Technically no, at most schools you just need the prerequisites.

But what if your hand gets stuck in a blender and you lose a few fingers? Never hurts to have something to fall back on...
Lol, I say what if you lose a few fingers in spring during completing the bachelor's degree? J/k, but if there is only one semester left, why not getting the degree, and keeping it? It's still a bach.

umm and im pretty sure dental schools reserve the right to withdraw your acceptance if you don't follow through with your degree (assuming you didn't tell them ahead of time that you planned on dropping it). otherwise everyone would drop out last semester and save the tuition!

Most schools require it, I know the california schools require you to have a bachelors degree, and if I remember correctly either UOP or UCSF will let u finish the bachelors at their school. I read that somewhere on their website a long time ago.

I would get my degree for all the hard work I put in during 3.5 years.
Many schools say that a degree is not required BUT 90-99% of admittted students had one.
P.S. I saw, a while ago, one table posted by doc toothpaste about schools requiring degrees.
Good luck to all of us and don't get obsessed with Dec. 1st, instead enjoy the great Thanksgiving holiday to be thankful for everything in your life.

if you put a degree planned on your application then YES you have to finish.

If you do not finish, your seat will make someone on the wait list very happy.

ok, let's say the big on the big day, dec1, u got a call from ur top dental school. do u still have to finish ur bachelor? I mean, is it require to have a bachelor in order to get into dental school?

My roommate got into Ohio State while pursuing a degree in accounting and dropped out. He talked to the advisors at the dental school and they said that since he couldn't complete the bachelors in time anyway, he didn't have to continue doing undergrad. He had all of his pre-reqs complete at that time, but they wouldn't make pay for two more quarters of accounting with no degree coming of it.

He did say though that if he would have been graduating that Spring that they expected him to get it.